[Harp-L] Re : A brand new year

Pierre quoted Ramon:

< " You truly begin to get old when you stop learning " >

OK, there´s a grain of truth in, but only a very little one.
In Germany we have a saying which expresses just the contrary:

              Man wird alt wie eine Kuh und lernt immer noch dazu!

English: One can get as old as a cow but always are learning in addition.

"Kuh" (cow) rhymes with "dazu", insofar the saying sounds somewhat
stilted because a cow doesn´t become very old (compared with Artie Shaw
just passed away with 94) Hey, that rhymes too :).

So, I would say that to quit learning isn´t typical of old people, unless,
they fall sick with Alzheimer or Parkinson.

Happy New Year!

Siegfried