Re: [Harp-L] Adam Gussow will be closing the 2/25 Jason Ricci

"Klein, Steven (DSCP)" <Steven.Klein@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> AWESOME!!!!!!!!! The only word to describe last night's show.

i heard lots of words describing it, usually some less printable variation
of "holy crap!" or "jesus christ!".  it was fun talking to first timers who
were walking around with these big silly grins, shaking their heads and
trying to figure out what they had just seen and heard.

> Jason
> played non-stop for over 2 hours. Then Adam played with Jason's band
> for over an hour. The grand finale was Jason and Adam together
> taking turns on lead.

it was a real shame the house made them stop, or they might still be playing.

i got to seem them 3 times last week.  sunday night they played shoehorned
into a corner of a tiny bar in hoboken, to a crowd that largely didn't deserve them.
it was surreal watching jason wailing away, maybe three feet away from the
yuppie bar crowd blabbing away, oblivious.

tuesday night at mexicali blues was a much better venue and crowd, maybe twice
as many as showed up there in november.  maybe the archive.org shows are having
an effect.  it was a great show, but short, as they weren't allowed to start 'til 9 and
had only 90 minutes before the regular tuesday night blues jam.  dave barfield taped
this show, and it should be up on archive.org shortly.

i got snowed out of attending thursday, so i made the trek down to philly for the
2/25 show.  boy am i glad i did.  worth every mile.  the whole band was really on,
and really tight, and the crowd was really into it.  an incredible night.

> Two great talents and all for only $5.

yeah, is that a joke, or what?  i certainly got my $5 worth.

> Jason has taken Little Walter to the next level, just like Hendrix took
> guitar to new heights.

i heard several people make that analogy that night.  agree completely.

> If you get a chance you owe it to yourself to see this amazing talent.
> It does not get better than this.

by all means, please, do so.  one of my continuing frustrations is trying
to get people who i know would just love this to come out and see it.
i keep trying, but it's hard to overcome people's intertia.  i talked to a
guy at the bar who said he had like 20 friends that just *had* to come
see this.  i think his friend agreed, but he didn't say much.  just sat
there with a big silly grin on his face, shaking his head...

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.