[Harp-L] re Harmonica America.

I know a very talented young lady who planned to study classical piano at
college. She's going to minor in music instead. There's too few classical piano
jobs and the competition is intense. I can't imagine the stress of lining up
classical harmonica gigs. It's too bad.

I have a tape of Robert playing new age music and his diatonic playing is
beautiful. Bernard Purdie may be the best drummer in the world. Certainly
there's no one with more soul. Phoeboe Snow. Sounds like this will be a killer
album. I like well written pop. There's stuff by the Beatles,  by Chuck Berry,
and by Beck that have melodies I'd put right up there with Bach (and I love
Bach's melodies).

Nothing wrong with tailoring your music to the audience. A lot of pop music is
pablum, but it doesn't have to be. Classical composers knew what sold.

Good luck, Robert.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm