Re: [Harp-L] Busking

Those are some valuable pennies!

At 06:15 PM 2/16/2005, jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
When the weather is good I like to practice my harp outdoors. I try to find a spot where I won't
attract much attention. Last month, on a cool day when there weren't many tourists, I was
sitting on a bench at the very end of the Santa Monica pier facing out towards the ocean horizon.
This being my lunch hour I was dressed in a suit and tie and, hopefully, did not look like I
needed the money. I was quietly practicing when a young boy about 7 or 8 years old approached me
with a serious expression on his face. He dug into his pocket and very carefully stacked 7
pennies next to me without saying a word. What could I do? I accepted his offering, thanked him
sincerely and was truly grateful for his appreciation.