From: Pierre [mailto:plavio@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:58 AM
To: Bill Hines; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] re: shaker mic/cherub

> But you can't tight-cup a vocal mic, and this is a vocal mic, right?

Why not?

I've seen a lot of great blues players play in a tight-cup (not sure how

tight it is, but seems tight to me) using vocal mics (ex: fat Wireless),
its
absolutely no problem for them. Sure if you want to sound like LW or Rod

Piazza you need more than a vocal mic. But otherwise the sound is 95%
from
the player and the amp does most of the rest (breakup and overtones
etc.).

Feel free to correct me, but I think mics like bullets, biscuits and
JT-30s
etc. are used mainly to add color (for example JT-30's sound nasaly) to
the
sound and for their dynamic performance not to add crunch and
distortion.

Pierre.