[Harp-L] Mick Kinsella

Someone asked about Kinsellas "Blues harp from scratch". This is the opinion
of a more or less advanced beginner who wanted to learn more about the
instrument: Kinsellas school is not recommendable as "from scratch". After
introducing bending technique (which I already did intuitivley), he
introduced the full tone bend on draw 2 and 3 without more help then "Say
the word YAW on an inward breath". He does not mention, that it is not very
easy and somewhat advanced, but uses this technique for the next 50 % of the
book. And after introducing the head roll he introduces a "tongue roll"
without any explanation. And makes heavy use of it further on. I searched
the internet and asked for this technique in this forum - no one knows about
it.

On the other hand there are lots of riffs and exercises, he has a very
convenient voice and plays a wonderful tone.

--
Kirsten und Klaus-Dieter Linsmeier
Schelmengrubweg 49

Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail