Re: [Harp-L] Fw: Chicago Slim, etc.

I have a copy of The Chicago Slim Blues Band's album "Love Me Or I'll Kill You" from the late 70's. It was one of the first albums I was given to learn aggressive style blues harp (along with Johnny Winter's "White Hot And Blue", J Geils' "Full House", and Walter Horton's "Fine Cuts").
There is a good amount of harp on it. The instrumental "Harpsucker" is the most ripping. He does a really good job on it, especially considering that (I think) he was a guitarist first and a harp player second.
Bumble Bee Bob plays harp and guitar on it too (actually he played better than Slim).
There are some good titles on the album like: "I Want You To Rape Me" and "You Better Buy this Record Or We'll Kill You".

I think it was issued on the Barrelhouse label.

A friend who lives near me knew him a long time ago and has an autographed copy of the album. He lurks on this list sporadically but I am going to contact him about getting in on this thread for you (he's on the road a lot for work). Hopefully he will have some more info for you.
(Update: I called my friend on the phone and he is not sure if Slim is still alive but the last time he saw him was on a local show called "Wild Chicago", in the early 90's.)

I think Slim is still alive and playing in the Chicago area but damned if I can remember the last time I saw a listing for him so I could be wrong.

Sorry aso much of this info is non-confirmed. I must sound like a Chicago Alderman with all the "I think"s, "probably"s and "I'm not sure" s in this post.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.