  From: W8BEZ@xxxxxxx
  To: CalSag1@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 3:59 PM
  Subject: Re: lot older'n me

  Hi, yep, on the 24th of this month I will have attained 82 years of age, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, ha..Oh, my Dad made it to 80.. Must be the German stock, or something like that.. Incidently, I spent 2  1/2 years working for Uncle Sam in North Africa and Italy..

   . Actually, I enlisted for 3 years. Some guys were drafted and spent more time than that.. Oh, my younger Brother was in the U.S. Navy in the Pacific theater .. His ship got sunk after the war was over..His ship was standing off. supervising a Japanese  mine sweeping operation .. Some of the deck force on his ship was below deck keeping warm and "good night Irene" Lost a third of the crew.. My brother was top-side in the radio room and survived(spelling).. Take care.. AL