[Harp-L] Chicago Slim, etc.

Hey, Chicago Blues Harp Historians,
Back in the early 60's when I would come back home to (sweet home) Chicago on leave, a couple of times I ran across a Blues Harp player named "Chicago Slim". At the time he had a skinhead haircut and was performing in Army uniform. He sang looking over his shoulder with a vibrato/tremelo(?) sort of ala Rice Miller. He was entertaining and did OK on the harp. I can't recall with whom or where he was playing (how soon we forget). Anybody remember him or know, what-ever-happened-to him? Also, while I'm at it, from Chicago, later 60's, what-ever-happened-to: AppleJack, who kinda marched as he played and did a nice job with, "Two's Company, Three's A Crowd"?

Speaking of Harp Players in uniform,
I always found it ironic (having been in the Marine Corps) that Hohner chose to name their harmonica "Marine Band", although there was pretty good reverb in the head, if you didn't mind the humidity.
   -- Ex L/Cpl.(before the "bust") Rich "Cal Sag" Olson

The USMC has metals for shootin' but not for playin' Marine Band harps, go figure.

Marine Band Blues
(Harp intro 1st line of Bugle Call Rag)
Mr. John Philip Sousa sold his harp to me.
Yeah, Col. Sousa, he sold his ol' harp to me. (Had his picture on the box.)*
The reason that he sold it, it was goin' out of key

When I bought my first harp, I gave the man a two-dollar bill.
When I bought my first harp, I laid down a two-dollar bill. (Got a quarter change!)*
When I bought my last harp, I done had to change my will.

(Harp break: starts with 1st line of Halls Of Montezuma)

I joined the Marines so I could learn to harp the blues.
The recruiter told me, they would teach me to harp the blues.
They didn't teach me that, but I learned to shine my shoes.

Mr. Drill Instructor I want to see my baby, please.
Mr. Drill Instructor I'm down on bended knees, (I'm beggin' ya)*
Mr. Sergeant Major don't send me overseas.

(Harp break: chorus of Bugle Call Rag)

 Recruitin' Sergeant said I could join the Marine Corps Band.
The Sergeant guaranteed, I could join the Marine Corps Band (He was wearin' Dress Blues!)*
But all I been doin' is crawlin' 'round in the sand.
(Harp coda: last line of Taps ending with a big blue note)
*Spoken

The USMC has metals for shootin' but not for playin' Marine Band harps, go figure.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.