Re: [Harp-L] Behringer UB802 - any opinions?

G wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting the Behringer Eurorack UB802 mixer to use
> with my harp gear - just wondering if anyone has experience with
> it, and if so, what did you think of it?

I have the UB802's big brother, the UB1202.  The 802 actually has a
few features that the 1202 doesn't, including an FX return and EQ on
the stereo channels.  The 1202 offers more channels, but you end up
using a couple of them for FX return.  Still, slightly more channels
is better suited for my use.

I keep mine in my "home studio" with all my gear running through
it.  I have channels for harp (line out from my amp), vocal mic,
electronic keyboard, guitar, and some stereo audio sources,
including CD, cassette tape and computer playback.  I use an Alesis
Wedge as an effects unit for the FX send.  Output is split between
cassette tape and computer line in, which also feeds powered
speakers.

I love this setup because it means all my equipment is always
available at the touch of a few power buttons, and that I can play
over a bunch of different audio sources.  When a friend called with
a weekend gig invitation I downloaded a few MP3s to my computer and
could practice right over them through the mixer.

I haven't really compared this mixer to others from a quality
standpoint, figuring that it was probably not going to be the
weakest link in my sound chain.  Someday when the kids are grown and
I've got more space and more time, I'll get something nicer and more
flexible and build it into the room.  Who knows what they'll have in
10-15 years!

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps