Re: [Harp-L] embossing

Ron wrote:

<<please define what it is the is being done when u chamfer?

Chamfering is taking away material from the slot end, on the reed side of the plate. I use a small drill to do this. Rupert Oysler's video shows how to do it with a chisel, if I remember well.

Doing the same thing, but on the other side of the reedplate, is called tip scooping. Often these terms are mingled wrongly, as Pat Missin pointed out in a post sometime ago.
I believe both terms have their origin in accordionbuilders jargon.

Ludo