Re: [Harp-L] Oh, another software question!

Jaime Viehweg <harpie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What software out there is good for editing MP3 files.  Mostly to trim
> the beginning and end, but the ability to patch various files together
> or do some tweaking of the sound (raise up the volume, for example) would
> be good, too.

download audacity from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
it'll do all of the above, costs nothing, and is a well written,
solid piece of software.  if it doesn't meet your ultimate
needs, it'll still do most of what you want while you're
looking for The Ultimate Sound Editor.

> I guess I'm looking for a fairly simple, easy to use,
> sound mixing type of thingy...?

i'm not certain if it'll mix multiple tracks into one,
if that's what you mean.  it may well do that, i
just don't know.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.