To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] On Tolerances

Pierre:
I gap my stock harmonicas quite close and I tried embossing once with a penny and noticed no difference. So either I did it wrong or embossing does not do nearly as much as proper gapping and arcing of the reed.

BTW seems to me that copper is really soft and not a good tool for embossing, also the edges of pennies are rounded.

Cor, blimey, you "North Americans" and your pennies! Are Canadian pennies and US pennies the same size? And how do they compare with UK pennies (the real McCoy of course)?

Just my two penn'orth ;-)

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm