Re: [Harp-L] Re:Embossing

Siegfried wrote:

No, no, Ludo, I know exactly what "embossing" means. When you read once again my post of Jan 27th you`ll find nothing what points to working the reedtip. <<

Hi Siegfried,

You wrote in that same post: <<I think that embossing the slot is a measure to decrease the gap = distance between reed tip and slot wall<<

<<But, Ludo, I think that you have misunderstood where the embossing is to be done:
< ........ but along the sides of the slots. >
<<No, no, not along the slot sides but at the slot end. Why do you think Richard Hunter used a coin for embossing? Because it matches exactly the slot.<<

Well, maybe it's a matter of semantics, in which I'm no expert. Nor in the field of customizing for that, but Ben Bouman showed me how to "emboss" a few years ago, Tinus showed me some finesses of it, and Rupert Oysler's cd-rom shows it in the same fashion: along the sides of the slots.

Ludo      PS How's your project for making a CX-like cover for diatonics getting along?