RE: [Harp-L] harp-centric bands on archive.org

Jonathan Metts asked:
> ...Can you or anyone else recommend bands on archive.org (other
> than Jason Ricci, of course) with a lot of harmonica playing?
> All I've been able to find is bands like OAR that might play
> it in one song per set.

Jonathan, there's a 2-hour gig that harp-l's own Grant Dermody recorded with
his occasional band, "The Harmonicasters."  Grant's a terrific player and is
out front the whole time.  I think you'll like it.  I certainly do.

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=29090

Incidentally, Grant has a great CD out called "Crossing That River."  If you
like the Harmonicasters, you'll really dig the CD (on cdbaby or his web
site).  A wide variety of genres are represented and several very special
guests add their contributions.  Superb musicianship throughout.

Oh, and if you find other harp-based recordings of concerts or gigs on
archive.org, let us know!  I do know that there are a number of vintage
Grateful Dead shows that date back to Pig's heyday.

Michelle