RE: [Harp-L] Hippity Hoppity: Michigan

Thank you Bill. Usually the only post performance critisism I get is Easton making fun of my stage presence and telling me to turn it up over the "Don Johnson Train Wreck's" 747 volume control.

You ought to ask Peter Ruth about the Detroit scene. All I remember of the michigan music scene was that there was almost no blues. Alot of live music, alot of places to play, but not necessarily in this genre. There were however some great long blues festivals, specifically in Grand Rapids. The west Michigan blues society has something like 14 weeks straight of outdoor free shows right downtown, but the blues society was small and kind of pretentious.. their open jam was awful. There was only one blues group... and then it got ugly ... I actually saw a trumpet player lose control of his trumpet and fling it into the crowd because he was trying to spin it around instead of play it.... which he couldn't do.

There were a couple other bars that sponsored blues music... but know that you are going to be sandwiched between Molly Hatchet and Rage Against the Machine shows... so don't expect a blues crowd.

Merx