[Harp-L] howdy, an intro

as promised i'll intro myself. name is Shawn Williams. i'm a lieutenant in the fire dept in Albuquerque, NM. the other members in my "band" are all fire fighters for the same dept(actually all lieutentants too). it started as just a 'jam to blow off some steam' thing. we haven't had many gigs, since we all have full time jobs obviously. i play harp and also sing lead on a few songs. i consider myself a very low level intermediate player, but have a blast doing it. i've been playing about 3 years, and mostly practice only on 'band' nights 2-3 times a month (i have way too many hobbies in addition to a wife and 2 boys).
my inspiration to pick up the harp was in college. a friend had a b-day party and at the party jammed w/ a guitar player for a few hours with his harps. he really was good! that impression never left me and 13 years later i finally started learning to play using internet lessons. learning to play reintroduced me to blues music and now i'm hooked.

i'm here to learn and hopefully soak up some of the greatness around here. already, i've learned a ton! ok, back to lurk mode. :-)
Shawn
http://code29band.com