[Harp-L] Re: Harp Jam Mic Sharing?

Hi Michelle and list,

You are absolutely correct; I should have mentioned that I am in no way a health professional.  My comment regarding microbes living on metal is based on what I remember from high school biology, which is slippery at best.  I'm so sorry if what I said was wrong!  Your point about viruses enduring on metal shows that you know a lot more about this stuff than I do, so I'll refrain from any medical comments in the future and leave that stuff to the pros!

And I really appreciate your other comments about my engineering knowledge.  I'm not really an expert in the specific fields that pertain to harmonicas -- turbulent air flows, thin plate structural analysis, material fatigue, etc., but I've been well exposed to them, enough to make some qualified comments when the subjects come up in discussion.  Now, if someone ever builds a rocket-powered harmonica, you won't be able to shut me up!  :-)

Jonathan Metts