[Harp-L] Robert Bonfiglio, the world's greatest classical harmonica soloist

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2005/08/studies_with_ro.html

"Robert Bonfiglio, the world's greatest classical harmonica soloist"

This is a little insulting! Shouldn't it be the Galaxy or the Universe instead of just the world? By the way Hendrik, if you are reading this, you may be the tallest harmonica player in the Galaxy, but............

It was nice for Brad Kava to write the kind words, but truth is that Rob Paparozzi and I feel we should pass along what we have learned to other harmonica players in a down to earth, practical way.

Fortunately for us the first group of players at this Seminar were eager and terrific learners. Both Rob and I love harmonica players and hate the garbage that sometimes goes on behind the scenes.

I just had a wonderful hour long conversation with Tommy Morgan this morning. We talk like pros without professional jealousy; I hope to bring Tommy to one of the Seminars because he has so much to teach. We talk about the harmonica with such love for what it can do! Rob Paparozzi told me Tommy might call and Rob too is one of these players who has so much to teach.

The basics I am teaching is not new, it's music as taught for the last 400 years, notes, theory, reading, rhythm, and all that other musicians learn everyday. Rob tied the whole session together by showing that a diatonic player can study the basics with me and go on to find his own path and come back and show others that there is light at the end of tunnel.

The Grand Canyon Seminar in 2006 from Sep 1- 6 I feel is going to prove to be a major harmonica event judging from the response from just announcing that I going to do it. Come! Bring a willingness to learn - and good beer or wine.! Rob and I will provide the atmosphere and willingness to share info plus the push to get players excited about playing what has to be the world's greatest instrument, the harmonica.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com