Re: [Harp-L] any reviews of jason's harp blowoff?

On 8/17/05, Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > i hear it was 6 hours or so.  was anybody there with some> details?> Wow…It was awesome.  First off, I am glad that I was not the only onerecording.  My MiniDisc Recorder usually gets about 5 – 6 hours and itonly lasted about 2 ½. last night..time to get a new battery.
I was disappointed that Lee McBee and Chris Michalek could not bethere.  They were both out for medical reasons.  Lee McBee is anunderrated player and was a big influence on me and I was lookingforward to hearing Chris play
Jason and his band were on fire as usual, Joe Filisko got up andplayed solo for an hour or so and then  several players in theaudience got up on stage and jammed with Dave "Elmo" Bailey on vocals(this was to fill in for Lee and Chris).  I was especially impressedwith harp-l's own Froggy. Dennis Gruenling with a lady vocalist got upand put on one hell of a show.  Last - but definitely not least – PatRamsey kicked things up another notch.  I think I was most impressedby Pat.  I had never seen him play before and was completely blownaway.  I can easily hear his influence on Jason's playing.
They closed the show down with Jason, Pat, and Dennis all on stagetogether trading licks.  Words are not enough to explain howincredible that was.  I hope other guys who were taping can get it onarchive.org soon so everyone can enjoy this incredible set.  The lastseveral songs of the night were possibly the best harp jam that I haveever heard.