Re: [Harp-L] stage fright

And you go out and you fall on your face and guess what? The next morning the sun still comes up, nobody dies and it doesn't cost anyone a million dollars. For me that's the cure, you fail miserably and it isn't all that bad. My band's first festival gig we opened for the Texas Tornadoes in front of a crowd of about 5,000 people. My guitar player literally just froze up and forgot all the chords to all of the songs. The bass player wasn't having a much better go of it. We stood up there for our 40 minutes just being bad. I personally wasnt having all that hard a time but it was tough to be playing lead in a band with no support whatsoever. We got off stage and people were still nice to us. I fled to the outside part of the festival and several people approached me to say how good we were. Go figure. 12 years later we got to open for Freddy Fender's band, he was in the Texas Tornadoes when we opened for them. We got two encores and actually sold CD's after the show which the promoter said was unheard of for an opening act in this particular venue. Unforunately you have to play over your head sometimes and occasionally things don't go like you wanted them to but in the end it all works out. I don't know that playing Amazing Grace in a church full of friends and neighbors would be all that easy especially the first time out. fjm