[Harp-L] re: Hendrix riffs

It's hard to understand the magnitude of Hendrix's contibution because it was so
influential. Everyone playing guitar took some of his ideas. Like Little Walter
realizing an amplified harp was more than just an acoustic harp but louder,
Hendrix realized what an electric guitar could do. Yes he may have played
pentatonic scales when he played notes, but he went way past just playing
notes, really into developing a new sound (that crazy way of playing lead and
rhythm guitar at the same time). Sonny Terry was a master of adding sound
effects into his harp playing. Jimi took that tradition and launched into the
stratosphere. I think Butterfield came close to that but I haven't heard any
musician actually get that wild insane wall of of sound Like Jimi. Pity he died
before Miles Davis taught him how to read music.My goal as a musician is to
combine Jimi's sound with Miles (and maybe Jimi and Bob Marley).

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm