To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Popper and such

direction so as far as I'm concerned  this isn't
advancement  of the harp (I mean really you'd rather
listen to him than Little
Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson, Wm Clarke, Kim Wilson,
Paul
Butterfield, Big Walter ????).

The music buying public has answered that question. Harmonic players in general, and blues harp players in particular are a small fraction of the music buying public. Most of the music buying public has no emotional attachment to the harp (most do like the sound of it though), or any other instrument for that matter, they just like the overall music, or they don't. If you want to promote the harp, play it in music that appeals to the most people. They don't know or care how much talent it takes to do a bend with good tone, an overblow or any other technique.

Peace and music,
Dave