[Harp-L] Ipod v Minidisc Recording

Thanks to everyone for your answers.

I managed to borrow an italk (gizmo that plugs into the ipod to allow
recording) and the quality isn't too bad. I would only use it for practise
(but not to check tone!) and for recording lessons to have a reference
point. It records in 8KHz mono onto a wav file. This can't be improved upon
whatever microphone you use. It takes up about 1MB per minute, so not too
bad in that respect and it's really easy to transfer to the computer. You
can't edit it in any way on the ipod.

It doesn't compare, quality-wise, to the minidisc.

So, the ipod will fo for now, and I'll get a MD when I can afford it. Thanks
for the advice.

Isabelle