Re: [Harp-L] Happy Anniversary Harp-l! - Archives

Hi All,

I wanted to reiterate how lucky we are to have so much of the archives intact. Without Danny Wilson and Gary "Indiana" Warren we would not have an archive at all. Keith Graham, fjm and Ben Nathanson were also crucial to preserving these important records. In fact, as you know, they are working on them right now. These individuals have spent tremendous time and energy to preserve and re-format what is probably the greatest harmonica archive ever. Browse these archives. You will be surprised at what you can learn. Most of my questions are well answered by the archive and I rarely need to post a question. You want to know who recorded the harp on the film you just saw . . . ask the archive. It's probably there.

I know all of us are very proud that Harp-L has celebrated another birthday, but it is people like Ben, Danny, fjm, Gary and Keith who really understood what Harp-L can add to posterity. We should thank them wholeheartedly for there forethought and forebearance.

Michael