Re: [Harp-L] cheapo amp?

Thanks everyone for the advice... useful to hear a range of opinions.
Next question then is... mics? I expect to be buying a standard vocalist mike at this stage.. any views on what to avoid/choose will be welcomed. I'm intrigued by Steve's suggestion of a lapel mike... how do you work that, Steve? Hold it in your fingers?

regards, J.

I should have said that, yes, I just thread the cord through my fingers and hold the tiny mic cupped (take off the clip!). I know this isn't very ambitious, what with a cheapo amp too, but you do get some idea of how you can control your amplified sound. Richard's post makes a lot of sense BTW!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm