Re: [Harp-L] too loud

The only easy and good thing you can do is disconnect one speaker. That will get you 3dB down.

Other than that, there's not much else you can do without modding the amp (master volume) or buying an attenuator. Other than you can put the speaker face down and cover it with a pillow. The attenuator is your best bet. Either that or get a smaller amp.

Good luck

Howard Chandler.

rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I got a new 2 x12 speaker cab. I went through Carvin since it was a lot cheaper
than Mojotone. I got Celestion seventy/80s--cheaper Celestians, but much better
than a ported 15 inch closed back bass speaker. Got a nice tilted stand so I can
get the speaker off the ground. I was hoping the open back cab and going from 4
ohms to 8 would make the amp a little queiter. If anything it's louder. Without
buying an attenuator, how do you quiet down an amp? My amp goes from no sound to
too loud just a little past 1 on the volume. I'm using a 40 watt Fender Bassman
silverface amp.

Thanks

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com