RE: [Harp-L] A Truly Sad Situation!

thanks. yes, I visit some other lists (or used to), such as the scuba list and they are really, really bad. There are resident trolls that will basically humiliate you for asking the kind of novice questions we ask all the time here on harp-l. i can see where my post could have been misconstrued. I should not have used Sonny Jr's name in conjunction with another amp, but he *has* on several recent occasions stated his mutual respect for Scooter's work, so I was just saying "If you can please this guy, you must have a good product" because Sonny Jr. is hard to please, he knows his stuff and demands quality and is not afraid to voice his opinion (so eh, why is everyone else in trouble for doing that, haha).

anyway, ok, i just wanted to make sure it's understood I meant no harm. I guess I was the "bigmouth" who started all this, after reading that diatribe earlier in this thread. geez. no wonder so many folks just lurk, haha. but yes, this is a good list. things like this serve to keep the balance - be tactful with your *opinion* but please give it, and don't be too sensitive or over-reactive when reading what is posted by others. often, lacking the other signals we show when communicating face-to-face, you may just be reading something into it that isn't there if you are upset about anything. we have some folks more opinionated than others here, but i find their posts valuable even if i don't agree with them. i don't think there is a single person on this list that I think is the type of troll or bad person that you find on virtually every other internet discussion list, and that's so cool.

Bill