[Harp-L] A Truly Sad Situation!

Dear Harpsters,

            I sensed the growing frustration from a number of people due to
careless comments made, spouting out viewpoints as if they were researched
or from self appointed experts. And, finally, the occurrence of what seemed
to be some individuals creating an amp war between two guys that clearly
respect each others views, individualism, and products. This was the reason
I tried to get "Harpsters for Harpsters!" out there to head this
ridiculousness off. Enough lame comments, overly critical, and cynical
remarks have driven one of the true break through musician technicians in
all of harp history off line. A virtual tragedy for many of us that realize
how valuable his (SONNEYTONE) comments, observations, musical-technical
information, his regard for "The System", and his true desire which is to
make amplified harmonica play versatile. Allowing you, the individual, the
opportunity to find that tone or that special sound.

 People make unknowing and unjustified statements about where he stands in
regards to his amp and other amps. It is a shame that if you defend, explain
and maintain a viewpoint about your work, your craft, your research, your
technological background people put you done for having pride and
confidence. Is this where we are as a community? We need to support the
actual advancements, technological break through in all areas of our harp
world and especially when progress is created from the genius, hard,
initiative, and research of one of our own, a harp player.

            There is plenty of room for competition in our growing
community. We don't need animosity, clashes, or wars. We need choice, we
need variety, we need respect, and we need to support each other. "Us for
Us!"

I stayed away from this forum for the exact same reasons SONNYTONE seems to
be totally frustrated.  The amount of trash talk, expert like comments that
come from people who are mere players not experts by any stretch of their
imaginations, and the many cynical attitudes that prevail. I have been going
back through the archives searching for SONNYTONE entries and comments made
in both subject and thread categories. Absolutely shocking! There are people
who believe and see it exactly as I do. I think we should obviously give
input, info, and advice when asked for, but to get pushed, cornered,
attacked, and then have people make unknowing comments is too much.
Especially, when often the biggest mouths are wrong and end up perpetrating
myths. His amp gives multiple combinations and differences when you
understand your tone and qualities, and you are wishing to try, experiment,
and adjust your sound. It's about versatility! Other amps have their
features and Sonny Jr. Amps have theirs'. We have given tons of money to
those other guys, the guys that ripped us off for years and when we wanted
vintage they drove the market up scale, up price. So, why get upset when
those within our world give us a superior product and we complain about cost
that we threw at the other guys. I don't get it! Why can't every body that
plays through a microphone and amp see or realize that we have the
opportunity to make choices, true choices when we understand, have info, and
compare ourselves. Don't take their opinions; develop your own through
intelligent reflection.