Re: [Harp-L] Doug Randell

This is terrible news; I am so saddened to hear of Doug's passing.  I
once heard someone refer to Doug as "the best harp player you've never
heard of", and I think that fits.  Fabulous chops.  He was always
grinning, even when he was cutting your head off and handing it back to
you.  I was looking forward to getting to know him better.  Too bad
I'll never get the chance.  So sad.

-tim

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Buzz Krantz" <buzzo@xxxx>
wrote:
Hi List
   Last night in Chicago a very good friend of ours, Doug Raddell passed
away. Some of you knew him from Buckeye or SPAH. He was an extreamly
fine
harmonica player & a real standup guy. He's had liver cancer for
months. But
wanted it to be kept quiet. He will be sorely missed.