[Harp-L] ADMIN PLEASE READ

Lots of frayed tempers and impatient responses on the list lately.  If you
read something on the list that annoys you count to 10 before responding
and even then perhaps write to the original poster and ask for
clarification instead of just using the list to indulge an annoyed whim.
As harp-l continues to grow, just about 1100 subscribed members now, it's
important to uphold the high standards of polite discourse that we've
hewed to over these past 10 plus years.  Harp-l's at a 3 year high for the
monthly number of posts so even if the percentage of troubling posts
remains constant the numbers are bound to be up.

Language, regarding language.  Consider this kinda sorta a family list.
We are not cable television.  All those s words in combination with other
words like bull, not ok.  For one thing with all of the front end spam
filters on corporate servers it causes bounces but another more important
reason is it sets the tone for what's ok on the list and as I've outlined
above polite in the broadest sense is what we're after here.  If you don't
feel comfortable reading it to your 4 year old son or daughter you might
want to consider not posting it here.  Thanks for your attention in these
matters and to the 99.9% of the subscribers that don't need this reminder
my apologies for taking up your time with this problem.  fjm
harp-l-listowner