Re: [Harp-L] First position blues

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

When playing 1st position, playing over the IV chord is particularly challenging, because it's basically like playing 12th position, > I've also tried just playing songs in 1st, which is much easier then filling the two bars. I know the scales, but I am having a hard time getting past just using the scale.

I got the mpression Mike was talking about playing 1st position licks over the IV chord in 2nd pos when he said,

I've also tried just playing songs in 1st, which is much easier then filling the two bars. I know the scales, but I am having a hard time getting past just using the scale.

Either way, it's good to know that 12th fits over the IV in 1st position..

Mark