Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Boss OC-2 Octave Pedal

I use one as a preamp sometimes a la Jason Ricci.
Meaning I run the level all the way up and the effects
all the way down.  This creates some breakup, but
there is no octave effect.

In terms of the effect it can create, it is not very
useful for harp.  It doesn't handle speed, chording,
octaves, or other tonal variations well.  They are
muddy and unpleasing to the ear.  If you are playing
single note melodies it works fine.

I'd suggest finding a better ocatve effect for harp.
Several have been mentioned as of late, so you can
find more info in the archives.

Hope this helps,

Mike

> --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Eric Brown
> <eric_brown1998@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I would like to get your thoughts on the use of the
> OC-2 Octave Pedal for  harp. Your experiences,
> suggestions, etc. are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric Brown

> --- End forwarded message ---

Mike Fugazzi