Re: [Harp-L] Beginner Music (key A)

I have a Hering Harmonica in the key of A that I never learned
to play.   I am going to take a vacation for a few weeks soon.
and plan to bring it with me to figure it out...

Any tips on how I can figure it out?  Would like any links to
beginners songs that I could learn to play, or some online
tutorials or something.

Here are lessons, and tabs for simple tunes. http://www.harmonicacountry.com/ This might sound off the wall, but I suggest that you pick out some tunes from that list that are already very "in your head", look at the tab to see what note it starts on (just the first note) and then figure it out without the tab. For example, "Hey Jude" starts on 6 blow in the tab on that page. Don't think about numbers or notes, just start there and find the sound. Don't worry about the key. If it's too hard to do, learn a few with the tab, then go back to not using the tab. Try to not let yourself get hooked on paper.

Everyone on the list plays better than me, so if they tell you something else, listen to them, but I think that you'll be happy if you learn it with your ears.

Peace and music,
Dave