[Harp-L] Re: Looking for good harmonica compilation CD

"Rene Carlson" wrote:
"I'd like to pass on to my violinist friend
the names of pieces that have been intenionally written for harmonica.
Anyone know?"

My CDs "The Act of Being Free in One Act" and "The Second Act of Free
Being" contain a couple of dozen pieces -- mostly solo -- written for
harmonica.  The stylistic influences vary, and include Beethoven and
Bartok.

Your friend can hear full-length MP3s of several of those pieces at:
http://hunterharp.com/mp3s.html

"Widow's Walk" and "Winter Sun at Nobska" on that page are very much in
the European art music tradition.

Regards, Richard Hunter