[Harp-L] Magic Dicks fender red knob twin

Hi,

I'm gonna be trying out for a J.Geils Tribute band and need some Help from you Guy's. I presently play through a 59 Bassman Ri Tweaked by Sonny JR. I know Magic plays through a red Knob Fender twin. My buddy has one of these amps and I may be able to borrow it with the option to buy it. My question is I had tried this amp a long time ago but found it to be way to powerful I would only be able to turn it up to about 3 before feed back as I recall. Does anybody know I f Magic did any tube swaps on his to make it more harp friendly.

Chuck