Re: [Harp-L] Re:Improv in Blues : Re: Shakin Smith

Andy:
New ground for new
ground's sake sometimes leaves me cold.

Yeah me too, I hear that a lot in Jazz singers these days on our local Jazz radio channel, I guess its really hard for Jazz singers to find original voices and I think a lot of singers have taken to singing outside the fringe. For example, I find a lot of artist are singing in monotone/deadpan voices; to me this works better for comedians and morticians than for jazz singers. Hope people find better places to go.

Pierre.