[Harp-L] The only real blues jam in Paris?

Thanks to Big Andy of the London BLues Jam E-list , I found what appears to be the only real regular open blues jam in Paris, and it's on a Friday night (6-9 pm) in a crowded litle pub near the Bastille. The genial host, "CJ" did a great job of coordinating a large group of quite eager and mostly quite talented blues hounds, running through blues classics, some soul standards and a few rock pieces but mostly git-down blues. The players were mostly mature, mostly quite experienced and all groovin'.

There were at least six horn players (alto, tenor, soprano, trombone, etc.) trading off a few seats at a time, all of whom seemed quite welcoming to my harmonica contributions, including traded horn-licks and fills, and there were some other harp players (including CJ), a fair share of fine, tight drummers and good, funky bassists, and some kick-butt singers (including CJ) who sang blues like it should be sung, with guts and comfort, in a welcoming and open group environment reminiscent of "the good ol' days." I shared my Tom Austin mic around to great satisfaction of the other harp players, and it was a welcoming space to play in, for all.

I had to leave early, regrettably, after only about an hour or so, as I had to meet family at a restaurant across town, but CJ admitted that this was really the only such jam in town, which is a shame in a city as vast as Paris. But it's a fine jam, by my lights, and I know where I'll be any Friday evening I'm in Paris.

Aperoblues at 27 Rue de Cotte, near metro Ledu Rollin, off of Rue Faubourg, Fridays 6-9.