[Harp-L] re: Improv in Blues

I should clarify my question better...I posted a
couple months ago about phrasing and got some great
respones.  I think what I am after here is ways in
which to improv during a gig and not to recycle too
many ideas in terms of notes and riffs played.

What are some approaches that you've taken to improv
that have taken you away from repeating phrases during
a gig?

I think sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the
moment when you play.  After a whole set you
think...wow...I must have used "that" run way too
much!

Or

Is the attitude who cares?  Play what fits.  Treat
each song like its own concert!

Mike

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals