[Harp-L] Of harps and teeth...

This mention of dentures reminded me that I wanted to post a follow up
to something I posted a while back...

I had asked about braces and if they had changed your tone or ability
to play the harmonica or not.  There was not a lot of response (not
surprised, by the way!) but the general consensus was that they should
not goof you too much.

I decided to do it and have opted for the Ivisalign type.  It costs a
bit more but you can take them out to eat, brush, etc.  I also thought it
might be nice to take it our to play, if that was an issue.  It is not!
The only problem so far has been getting used to the new sharpish edges
to my teeth that my tongue seems to like to rub on.  You never realize
how much your tongue moves about when you are doing things like talking
until it hurts a bit to do so (and tongue blocking a harp took a few
days to get used to as well!).

So, if any of you are thinking about it, do not be afraid.  If you can
handle it, go for the Invisalign.  My mouth only hurts a day or two
every two weeks when I change the plate.

Now if only I could get a sponsorship from those Ivisalign guys for
this...  Sigh.

jaime