Re: [Harp-L] 'Flexible Gospel' according to Rob P (TB/Pucker)

Dennis Gruenling wrote:
> Finally, Rob quotes Joe Filisko's list, that someone
> else quoted (out of his class, so technically out of
> context) of advantages of the two embouchures.

It is true that quoting Joe's notes out of class is out of context.
You do have to bear in mind that this list was presented in a class
*about* tongue blocking.  Joe was very open in the presentation of
his list and encouraged discussion of each point, even inviting
seminar attendees to add things to one list or the other.  I tried
to present the information as non-judgementally as possible, and
intended no disservice to Joe or the great information he provided.

While I agree that everyone should learn as many techniques as
possible, to have as large an arsenal as possible, I think that you
also have to embrace the things that work for you, musically and
stylistically.  You become an amalgam of the things that you enjoy
and emulate, that eventually becomes uniquely your own style.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/