Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Mighty funny (question for Chris)

Chris's "Purple
>>Haze" is a great example.  I had a hard time the first
>>few seconds realizing the it was a processed harp
>>playing the intro.

Well the very begining is not harmonica.  It's my overtone singing so
if your trying to figure that out on the harp you'll go crazy first
before you ever get it.

The harp part starts with a bend on the draw four on my A harp.

If anything this is an example of "putting other intstruments into my
own".  Parts of the solo section sound like a guitar because I am
trying to play like a guitar player and not a harmonica player. When
i play jazz I try to sound like a horn player.  Other times I try to
sound like a violin or some other kind of string player. Sometimes I
try to sound like a vocalist. If I'm playing blues though, I just try
to sound like a blues harp player.  Headshakes and all...
Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michalekstrone