[Harp-L] Summing Up the Advice

I want to make sure I understand all the advice given me, so please correct me if I go wrong:

If I want to blat like Bob Dylan and Neil Young, or honk some blues like Sonny Terry or Charlie Musselwhite, then a diatonic is for me. If a diatonic is for me, a $20 Horner Special 20 or a Golden Melody, both in C, are the best with which to start.

If I am more interested in playing melodies, which may or may not include jazz or Peg O' My Heart, and if I don't want to spend time looking for notes that aren't there, then a chromatic is the better choice.

Having weighed all this advice carefully, as well as my musical preferences, I believe I should move into the chromatic world. Which is a shame, because diatonic had price on its side.

Therefore, what are the recommendations for chromatic harmonicas for a newbie?

Putting the cart before the horse: I have already decided which song I wish to master on harmonica and I don't even have a harmonica yet. Is that the official definition of hubris?