To: <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Cover Songs (and uniforms!!)

Thanks Rob!

I'e remembered a bunch of other stuff we do too.  Unsually within the
context of one of our extended jams...

Gilligan's Island (tons of half step changes)
Brady Bunch
Inspector Gadget
Come As We are - nirvana
Mexican hat dance
Felix the cat
Dragnet
Peter Gunn
Hawaii Five-O
Sanford and son
Barney Miller
Mission Impossible
Simpsons Theme
Flintstones

The crowd goes crazy for this stuff!!

---- Original Message ---- From: chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Cover Songs (and uniforms!!) Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:33:21 -0400

Hey Chris,

Nice List!!!....cool tunes if done right ....and great thread you
started!!

the first list are the COVERS I play when I'm with the "Original
Blues
Brothers Band", YES, I wear the Hat, Sunglasses and Men in Black
Uniform....shame on ME,-)

But the "cool" part is our Guitarists Steve Cropper and Matt
"Guitar"
Murphy played on (and wrote) alot of the originals versions and my
partner
Eddie Floyd wrote a few of 'em too! Unfortunately, Matt had a stroke
and can
no longer tour with us...we miss him dearly!!

Soul Man
634-5789
She Caught the Katy
Messin with the Kid
Knock on Wood
Minnie the Moocher
Sweet Home Chicago
Shotgun Blues
Who's Makin' Love
Gimme Some Lovin'
Flip, Flop. Fly
Hey Bartender

cheesy & not so cheesy covers, but an HONOR to share the stage with
these
giants and cool songs to play! night after night even!-)! I'm
honored,
humbled and blessed, I remember Bonnie Raitt coming up to me after
our show
at the Montreux Jazz Fest and said to me, "Man, those are the BEST
songs, it
must be FUN singin' them all the time!!" So I pinched myself when I
got back
to my Hotel room and asked myself, "You get PAID for this???,-)))))
smiled
and went to bed......................................

I also think I've helped raise the bar with "the harp expectations"
of this
band, Occassionaly Ackroyd will do a gig with us and he comes to me
before
the show and sez, Rob....you'll take all the Harp Solos tonite,-))
When
we're in Europe & Japan and Ackroyd ISN'T on the gigs, I've gotten
some nice
comments from folks saying how they weren't expecting the Harmonica
to be
that "Professional" sounding based on their original Blues Bros
records etc.

When I work with my own band the COVERS get much 'hipper' less
cheesy and
less known, but even MORE fun to play.

Ain't got no Home (Clarence Frogman Henry
Shame, Shame, Shame (Harp instr.) Shirley & Co.
In a Mellowtone (Duke)
Do Nothin til you hear from me (Duke)
Buried Alive in the Blues (Butterfield-Gravenites)
Body n' Soul
Ticket to Ride (Beatles)
Back in Love Again (L.T.D)
You Better Watch Yourself (L.Walter)
No Money Down (Chuck Berry)
I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water (eddie miller)
Louisiana 1927 (Randy Newman)
You call it Joggin' (Mose Allison)

However, I should note my Hudson River Rats Drummer, Bernard Purdie,
he gets
VERY upset when I wear "Dungarees" on the bandstand!!<#$%^&,-))))

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Michalek" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>