[Harp-L] NEED ADVICE!

Hi,

I'm lookin for some advice on how to handle a tricky situation.
I've been tryin to get a band off the ground for about 2 years and were so close I can taste it. Here's the problem this is a project me and my best friend have been trying to do for a long time. He ( lead guitar) is the one who provides the home studio which is excellent and the recording and all other equipment and venue for us to get together once a week to rehearse. He is a business owner and has plenty of money so he has and until recently hired musicians to put this thing together( I of course play for free cause I just wanna jam) We were struggling for a while cause we did not have a good lead singer.Well In December 2004 we found a girl singer whom is fabulous we rehearsed with her for a couple of months. well shortly thereafter my buddys father passed away forcing him and us to take a long hiatus due to the fact that he would now have to take over the family business  with his brother and did not have the time to play. so we took about  8 months off Whew!   We start
ed again a couple of months ago but haven't been able to get on a roll cause something always comes up with his business that won't allow him to play. The thing is that he is my best friend and i certainly understand what he is going through and know that deep down in his heart he wants to play it just seems he can't pull it off with all the other responsibilities he has. I certainly appreciate everything he has done over the years for us to be able to jam by funding and providing money equipment and venue for us to enjoy our hobby, but Here's my problem I  really want to play I'm not gettin any younger and I have a strong desire to get out and play but it seems just as we're almost ready something happens to derail us again. Well  We were supposed to rehearse again last night and i got a call from him saying something happened and he was gonna have to put the project on hold again for a while. I Am truly disappointed! We had about thirty songs just about ready and a kiss ass
 singer only to go back to the waiting game again. How can  I tell him that if we aren't gonna play for a while that I am getting the urge to look for another situation without hurting his feelings. I  may have an opportunity to play with a J.Geils tribute band and really love all that old Magic Dick stuff so I don't know what to do. I don't want to bail on him but on the other hand If I'm not playing I'm Miserable. I don't know what to do. Is it wrong for me to feel this way?
What advice can you fellow harpers give me on how I should handle this?
?

Still in NJ singing the band is on hiatus again Blues

Chuck