RE: [Harp-L] overblow-tongueblock combination

Hi all

Apart from the messages replied here below, I also received a few very interesting offlist posts. Thanks everyone!

Much to my own surprise, I managed a TB OB hole 6 today, but can't repeat the accomplishment immediately. At least now I know there's nothing awkward with my mouth or anything for practising this technique :-)

Chris Michalek wrote:
<< If you can play what you want using one method over the other than why change?

I don't see it as a change, but an addition. I play pucker and tongue block mixed; this would possibly enrich my arsenal.

Chris: <<no point for me unlesss I want to hit some weird double stop.

But that weird double stop might just be a very nice one ;-)

George Brooks wrote:
<< The man you really want to talk to is Joe Filisko. <<  If you're from Europe, you're in luck.  Joe will be participating in the World Harmonica Festival this November in Trossingen.

I've been wanting to go there before, guess there's no excuse not to go to Trossingen this year :-)

Ric wrote:
<<without the tongue moving ... your throat should move instead<<

That's no problem; I can do it without moving the tongue.
My friend Tinus describes this as something like "having a hot potatoe in your mouth". That is good advice indeed, but doesn't seem to make the TB OB easier for me.

Dennis Gruenling wrote:
<<Allen Holmes is extremely good at this.

I sent Allen cash for his cd over a month ago, but so far he didn't receive it :-(

Dennis: feel free to contact me offline and we can take this further.

Thanks, Dennis, I'll gladly accept that offer,

Ludo