Re: [Harp-L] Tongue Blocking

At 03:50 PM 13/04/2005, Rob Paparozzi wrote:
> I guess I never should have started with those Sonny Terry records from
the
> library:(

You couldn't yourself you must have been looking for that "Cheezy" Sonny Terry "Instant Gratification" sound !! Shame on you ,-)) best, rob paparozzi

LOL :)

In fact, that's not too far from the truth. I was totally burned out after learning to play trumpet in a marching band, and teaching myself guitar. I wanted something that i could actually play without thinking too much and harp seemed like a good idea. I was thrilled because it was far more intuitive than anything else I'd done. It wasn't till much later that I realized how wrong I was and how much there was to learn.

In fact, to tie this in with another thread--if I had started on chromatic (which I still don't play well) I don't think I would have stuck with it.

Now, of course, (when chromatics seem to be a thousand times more expensive than when I was young) I am wishing i had one to play with. I've got this idea for a jazzy little tune. . . . .

all the best,

maurice

maurice richard libby
aka Whiteboy Slim