Re: [Harp-L] Choice of instrument

On Apr 12, 2005, at 1:39 PM, jandkday@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Funny how one comes to the instrument... How about some more stories?

I started on piano, then cello, clarinet, autoharp, mountain dulcimer then 29 string harp for 15 years. Then I had a stroke and lost most of the use of my left hand( I'm right with you Rooty B.) That about shot down most of my string harp playing. One day my daughter, a music teacher, bought a harmonica because one of her students wanted to know if the teacher could play "Battle of New Orleans" on the harmonica like his uncle could. She left it on the table, I picked it up, messed around with it and I was hooked. It is great for Hymns/gospel and Irish/Scottish fiddle tunes my two favorite genres. You can't beat a slow air on a low D harp!

Barbara
Strath an De' Farm
http://www.strathande.com
Coast to Coast Music