Re: [Harp-L] Hello and Introduction

At 06:38 PM 11/04/2005, Joe and Cass Leone wrote:

Most on THIS list will recommend a diatonic. Another list might recommend a chromatic. What will you be wanting to play?

Harmonica.

Buh duh boom.

I have not chosen a musical genre, if that's what you mean. Would genre determine the best harmonica? I don't think I want to limit myself to just one genre.

My learning curve is such that I believe I think I might know (did I qualify that enough?) what you mean by diatonic and chromatic. Diatonic is a 'regular' harmonica and chromatic is the kind of harmonica that Stevie Wonder plays, that has that little push bar on the side that allows one to change notes by pushing this button. [Please feel free to correct any and all of my terminology. I won't take offense, unless you are offensive.]

I probably should have mentioned in my introductory message that I can't read a note of music. I really am a neophyte.