Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] the amazing, the astounding - POG.

I stand corrected.  I thought POG sounded familiar,
but I am probably wrong.  All I know is that the last
time I saw him, Jason had two octave pedals.  The Boss
as a preamp and then "the other one" that he used to
play octaves. Sorry for any confusion.

Mike

> --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jp "Pagán"
> <jpl_pagan@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> WSchuman@xxxx
> wrote:
> > Hey Folks !
> >
> > I haven't participated in the list for a number of
> years, but thought that I
> > would pipe up about a few gear things that I think
> the list will be very
> > interested in.
> >
> > A few months ago I went down to a local guitar
> store...  While I was there the
> > store owner came into the tryout room with a large
> pedal and said: "Try this
> > thing... It should be good for the harmonica."
> > He had brought in a POG: Polyphonic Octave
> Generator, by Electro-Harmonix...
> > It is an octave pedal that gives you one octave
> below, and two more above,
> > plus two octaves "detuned"... it is an extremely
> adjustable device...
>

> --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael
> Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> >  I think that this is the octave pedal Jason Ricci
> > uses.  The one that he uses for the actual
> ocatves.
> >
> > Mike
>

> i'm 99.99% sure that it isn't. I've seen both these
> guys play, and whatever Jason plays through (if it
> isn't the Boss OC-2 pedal) to get octaves doesn't
> look
> anything like the POG, or sound like it, imo. of
> course Wade and Jason have different tone, different
> approaches, etc, but to my ears, (and my eyes - i
> look
> at people's gear, natch) it isn't the same device.
> the
> POG has an amazingly "real" sound (meaning, it
> doesn't
> sound synthetic, digital, what-have-you). more so
> than
> any other octave device i've heard. of course, it
> can
> sound otherworldly what with all the detuning etc
> you
> can do. Wade really does get some unbelievable
> sounds
> out of it. makes that Sarusaphone in his band sound
> like a kazoo. ok, i'm hyperbolating a bit... anyway,
> Jason's on the list i think - he can tell us if it's
> POG or not.
>
>  --Jp

> --- End forwarded message ---

Mike Fugazzi